In Math, we took time to review the following concepts today:
During Social Studies, we took some time to discuss the importance of national/provincial parts and they role that they play in protecting Canada's natural resources. We took some time to look at some artwork of the Canadian Shield Region of Canada and worked together to brainstorm a list of words that described what we were seeing, feeling, etc. Next, we looked at a poem, "The Magic of the Canadian Shield," by Carmel Farahbakhsh, who was only in Grade 5 when she wrote the poem. Students are now working to research their own National or Provincial Park and to write their own poems describing what they see and feel based on the information, visuals, etc. of their park. We will continue to work on these poems in upcoming classes.
In Art today we continued to work on our daily life drawings, inspired by the work of Annie Pootoogook.
Weekly Homework: None (study for Math)
- Read 20 minutes (track in your Agenda)
- Spelling Quiz (No new words this week, Friday, Review w/ Spelling City)
- Fractured Fairy Tales (due January 31st)
- Book Orders (due January 25th)
- Unit 3: Multiplication/Division Unit Test (Monday)
- "Show What You Know" (pg. 114 #1-12, due tomorrow)
- Grades 5/6 Skiing, January 16th (permission forms due ASAP)
- Friyay Popcorn Day, bring $2 (Friday)
Tech & Trades Club - Mondays, 3:15-4:15 pm (on break until Jan. 14th)
Recycling Club - Day 3, 12:30-1:10 pm
Grs. 5/6 Boys Basketball - Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3:15-4:15 pm
Sharpen the Saw Club - Wednesdays, 3:15-4:!5 pm